Latest News

What documents do I need

What documents do I need

The specific documents required for your project will depend on the type of approval you are seeking and the unique aspects of your development. As the project progresses, additional documentation and reports may be necessary. Here is a detailed overview of the initial documents typically required for different types of approvals:

Complying Development Certificate (CDC)

For projects requiring a Complying Development Certificate (CDC), the required documents differ slightly between residential and commercial developments:

  • Residential Projects:
    • Scaled Site Plan: A detailed plan showing the layout of the site, including dimensions, boundaries, and the proposed development.
    • Set of Plans: Architectural drawings and plans for the proposed project, detailing the design and construction.
    • 10.7(2) Planning Certificate: This certificate, issued within the last three months, provides information about planning controls and constraints applicable to the property.
  • Commercial Projects:

    • Scaled Site Plan: A comprehensive plan showing the site layout, including dimensions, boundaries, and the proposed layout.
    • Set of Plans: Detailed plans for the proposed development, including architectural drawings.
    • 10.7(2) Planning Certificate: A recently issued certificate (within the last three months) outlining relevant planning controls.
    • Most Recent Approval on the Property: Documentation of the most recent planning or building approval.
    • Current Fire Safety Certificate: The latest certificate ensuring compliance with fire safety regulations.

These documents are necessary to assess the Complying Development Certificate application, ensuring that the proposed development meets all relevant criteria and standards.

Development Application (DA)

For projects requiring a Development Application (DA), the documentation can vary significantly based on the nature and scope of the project. Generally, the following initial information is needed:

  • Plans: Detailed architectural plans and site layouts for the proposed development.
  • Specifications: Technical specifications outlining the materials, construction methods, and other relevant details.
  • Operational Details: Information about the intended use and operation of the proposed development.

Given the variability in requirements, it is highly recommended to book a consultation meeting with our Senior Town Planner. During this meeting, we can discuss your project in detail, provide a clearer understanding of the specific documentation needed, and guide you through the initial stages of the DA process.

Construction Certificate (CC)

For projects moving forward to the construction phase with a Construction Certificate (CC), the following documents are typically required:

  • DA Consent: Official consent from the Development Application process.
  • Council Stamped Plans: Plans that have been reviewed and stamped by the local council, indicating approval.

These documents are essential to ensure that the construction complies with the approved plans and meets all regulatory requirements.

By gathering the necessary documentation and seeking expert guidance early in the process, you can help streamline your project’s approval and certification phases. Our team is here to assist you at every step, providing clarity and support to ensure your development progresses smoothly and efficiently. If you have any questions or need further assistance, please don’t hesitate to contact our office.

back to latest news